LET’S ASK THE CEO
It’s time for the third episode of our new series, “Ask Zack”, with Indie Source co-founder & CEO Zack Hurley.
In the latest episode, Zack dives into one of the most common questions we get, how do I keep costs low? A lot of the answer has to do with fabric yield.
Zack shares some of the most important things you can do to improve fabric yield and reduce costs. He explains:
- The surprisingly simple math of costing fabric
- How to maximize the cutting fee
- How to maximize the cost of custom prints
- The right MOQs to hit the sweet spot of cost per unit versus variability
- How to be strategic about the number of prints you produce minimize the amount of inventory
- How to reduce the cost of labeling to the bare minimum
- The most important question to ask manufacturers that will reduce costs
MORE TO COME
Did you miss episode two? Check it out! Direct advice from our CEO, Zack Hurley, every other week; join us every second Thursday for more advice from the man himself. And if you haven’t already subscribed to Ask Zack, do it. We want to be a resource to launching and scaling successful fashion brands so good that you’ve got us bookmarked. And, for that, we need you – send us your clothing manufacturing questions, whether they’re short and technical or long and consultative. We’ve worked with over 300 brands, so, trust us, we’ve heard it before and we know the answer. Nothing would make us happier than to share with you what we’ve learned.
And, if you prefer something more live and interactive, tune into our Tuesday Office Hours at 12PM PST on Instagram Live where one of Indie’s experts will be on hand to answer clothing manufacturer questions.
In the meantime, like always, continue to build your dreams every day. No matter what, talk to us! Our door is open.